Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Renewed Interiors is a 'Wedding Saviour' because...

I started, Renewed Interiors, at a stage of transition in my life. I went from a full-time worker to a stay home mom. But more surreal was changing from a two income family to a one income family. I was unsure of what I was going to do; whether to get a full-time or part-time job or to just stay home and enjoy my family. Many people asked if I was quitting my job to start my business, and to be honest it never crossed my mind.

Anyhow, doors of opportunity presented itself, so I started Renewed Interiors primarily on faith. I was very anxious about getting clients and getting by butt into gear as another income would definitely help financially. However, back in November I was approached by a dear friend who asked if I would be interested in being apart of the Wedding Saviours. I was hesitant at first because I wasn’t sure how a decorating company would mesh with the wedding industry. She explained in detail her thoughts and how my services would be a wonderful gesture to the winning couple.

After hearing what she had presented, I was intrigued, excited, and more importantly honoured that I was asked to be a part of this wonderful project. Others, in my specific situation may have turned away from it. Being a new business and wanting to make money instead of giving services away for free. I saw it as an opportunity to give back to the community, without wanting anything in return. For my services, I won’t be paid cash, but I would be paid with the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to enhance and contribute to the lives of a couple in a positive way and doing what I love...Interior Decorating.



The founders of Wedding Saviours did well in setting the criteria for the top 20. Just as we are paying it forward to the winning couple the participants must ‘Pay It Forward’ in their communities as well. But in order to move to the next round, the couples acts of charity must be blogged/documented. It’s amazing how these 20 couples have embraced the idea of giving back to their communities, putting together clothing drives, food drives, charity events, etc. These couples are proof that you don’t need money to do something nice for someone else; you just need a willing heart and everything else will fall into place.

I will be providing an Interior Decor Consultation to the winning couple to help them create a bedroom that is relaxing, warm, and most importantly inviting. I find that many newlyweds focus more on decorating the areas in which they entertain; living rooms, dining rooms, and family rooms. The bedroom becomes the least of their worries and is always the last place to be decorated. So to be a Wedding Saviour and provide this service to the winning couple ‘after the wedding’ is an awesome gesture, and I am glad that I am a part of it. I am so encouraged, now more than ever to continue to walk in faith trusting that as you give with a willing heart blessings will be bestowed upon you. It appears that this is what this project is all about, and that is the greatest reward possible.

I challenge everyone to find a way to pay it forward in a way that works for them. The reward is great! Please vote for your favourite couple and continue to support Wedding Saviours as they set out to rescue couples everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment